Guys. Jane Sutherland’s husband, Nik, spotted this and thought some of you might be interested.
Young Performers needed to star in The King & I
Wed 10 August 2011
The Festival Theatre Edinburgh and Music and Lyrics Ltd are seeking enthusiastic and talented young people to take part in this year’s Christmas musical spectacular – The King and I.
We are holding open auditions for boys and girls aged 5 – 14 years, preferably with dark hair and the ability to sing and dance. No previous experience is necessary, just a great deal of energy and enthusiasm! All ethnicities are invited to apply.
Candidates must be available for the following audition times (applicable to their age):
Friday 26th August
2.00pm – 4.00pm girls aged 5 – 8yrs
4.00pm – 6.00 pm girls aged 9 – 13yrs
Saturday 27th August
9.30am – 10.30pm boys aged 5 – 7yrs
10.30pm – 12.00pm boys aged 8 – 14yrs
Audition Location: The Gillis Centre, 100 Strathearn Road, Edinburgh, EH9 1BB
To register for an audition:
Please email: email@example.com stating the name and age of the child, full details will be sent to you immediately by return.
Need to know:
· Young people will be notified by email within one week whether they have been chosen to be part of the company.
· Rehearsals will be held in Edinburgh in October and December. Those chosen must be in Edinburgh throughout the festive period from Monday 12th December to Saturday 7th January inclusive (each child will perform in a maximum of 16 shows).
· Any young people who are cast in the show will be required to miss some school time (hours TBC).
· The Festival Theatre will be applying for a Children’s Licence for each child. It will be the parent/ guardian’s responsibility to complete & return any paperwork relating to this process in full & on time.
· This is an unpaid opportunity.